Ryan P. Mahoney
University of Colorado Law School (J.D., 2019)
Santa Clara University, Finance (B.S., 2015)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
Ryan Patrick Mahoney is an associate attorney at Day Carter & Murphy LLP. Mr. Mahoney’s practice includes both transactional and litigation matters pertaining to real estate, energy, and mineral law in California. Mr. Mahoney counsels clients ranging from individual landowners to publicly-traded companies in a variety of legal situations.
Mr. Mahoney is a fourth-generation Sacramentan, and is proud to be practicing law in his hometown.
In his time away from work, he enjoys fly fishing, skiing, cooking, and spending time with his wife and golden retriever. He is actively pursuing his pilot’s license.
- Assisted client with navigating regulations relating to real estate development on abandoned oil wells in Southern California
- Assisted multiple clients in litigation to recover unpaid rent on commercial leases in Northern California
- Reviewed title documents and leases in connection with client’s purchase of oil and gas interests in San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties
- Researched issues related to legal classification of geothermal steam in California
- Assisted public agency client in dispute relating to assessment of state government properties within agency district
- Assisted client in litigation and mediation relating to levee improvement project in Yolo County
- Reviewed statutory framework governing client’s mining lease in Marin County
- California Independent Petroleum Association, Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
Oil and Gas
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Quarterly Newsletter, California Oil and Gas (2019-Present)
- Texas A&M Journal of Property Law, Oil & Gas Survey (California – 2018)