Oil and Gas
The law firm of Day Carter & Murphy LLP has substantial experience representing major and independent oil and gas companies in the acquisition and financing of properties and in all phases of exploration, development and production, as well as in product transportation and sale. The firm’s experienced oil and gas attorneys regularly render title opinions (all types) for oil and gas company clients, assist with suggested curative work, and work closely with division order analysts. With respect to acquisition title opinions, the scope of the firm’s representation depends on the needs of the client and ranges up to and includes all due diligence.
The firm’s Oil & Gas attorneys provide comprehensive legal services to regional, national, and global oil and gas clients of all sizes, from independents to fully integrated companies, from sole proprietorships to Fortune 500 corporations. The firm’s attorneys bring extensive experience and specialized knowledge to each project or transaction to ensure that clients achieve successful outcomes and resolutions.
The firm has routinely been at the forefront of critical issues within the California oil and gas industry and regularly provides advice and guidance in structuring complex and innovative transactions, as well as advising oil and gas clients on day-to-day operations. The firm’s Oil & Gas attorneys handle numerous and substantial transactions within the industry including:
- Negotiation and documentation of acquisitions and sales of producing and non-producing properties and midstream assets
- Preparation of development contracts, such as farm-out agreements, operating agreements, participation agreements, joint venture agreements, line well agreements, and unit agreements
- Issuance of oil and gas title opinions, including acquisition, drill site, and division order
- Due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
- California environmental and regulatory compliance assistance
- Counseling on complex issues including horizontal drilling, subsurface trespass, hydraulic fracturing, surface access, seismic licensing, secondary and tertiary operations, and operational issues
The Firm’s Oil & Gas attorneys also include accomplished litigators who are intimately familiar with the oil and gas industry. This expertise and experience enables the firm’s lawyers to quickly assess risks and swiftly resolve problems so clients can focus on achieving business goals.
Represent major and independent oil and gas and geothermal companies in the preparation of drilling, acquisition, division order, supplemental, and financing title opinions on onshore, offshore, private, state, and federal lands.
Represented numerous oil and gas companies, energy companies, and lenders as special counsel in connection with numerous multi-million dollar project finance transactions, including the negotiation, drafting, and analysis of transaction documents, the conduct of real property title due diligence and the issuance of financing title opinions, and related project finance advice and counsel.
Represent major and independent oil and gas, geothermal, and energy companies in a full range of title, due diligence, and transactional matters as part of numerous acquisitions of producing and non-producing properties, to date the collective value of which has been in the billions of dollars.